Capital Region Marketing & Communications Professionals to Honor GreyCastle Security’s Reg Harnish, American Heart Association’s Kathy McCarthy
ALBANY, NY ─ The New York Capital Region chapter of the American Marketing Association (NYCRAMA) and the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Capital Region chapter have announced that they will honor two exceptional local practitioners at the Third Annual MARCOM Awards:
- 2018 Marketer/Communicator of the Year: Reg Harnish CEO of GreyCastle Security
- 2018 Marketing/Communications Practitioner of the Year: Katherine McCarthy, Senior Regional Director, Communications at American Heart Association
Harnish and McCarthy will be honored at the MARCOM Awards Celebration on Wednesday, November 14, 2018. The event will take place at the GE Theater at Proctors in Schenectady. Award-winning comedian Greg Aidala will serve as Master of Ceremonies.
In addition to honoring McCarthy and Harnish, NYCRAMA and PRSA will also honor exceptional marketing and public relations campaigns from Capital Region practitioners.
In October, peer chapters in Baltimore, MD, and San Antonio, TX, judged dozens of public relations, marketing, and integrated campaign submissions. Submissions were narrowed down to 26 finalists (see below for finalists). Winning projects and campaigns will be announced at the MARCOM Awards Celebration.
“Reg Harnish and Kathy McCarthy are both well known among capital region marketing, communications and business professionals,” said Paul Hook, 2018 MARCOM Awards Chair. “They are both recognized and respected by their peers for their work in their respective fields. Each year we receive more award entries and nominations which shows the growing interest in recognition for outstanding communication and marketing work among local practitioners.”
The Capital Region MARCOM awards is the result of NYCRAMA and PRSA merging their two existing awards programs into one new program in 2016. NYCRAMA and PRSA Capital Region extend their gratitude to sponsors Creative Marketing Concepts, Overit, Modern Press, and Castle Photography, Inc.
ABOUT Reg Harnish
As CEO of GreyCastle, Reg is responsible for defining and executing the company’s vision. Under his leadership, the company has experienced six consecutive years of triple-digit growth and countless industry accolades. Today, GreyCastle Security is working with organizations in every state in the U.S.
Reg is a nationally-recognized speaker and has presented at countless industry events. He was recently recognized as the Cybersecurity Consultant of the Year by the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards for the a second consecutive year. He has been featured in Time, Forbes, CBS Nightly News, The Washington Post, Dark Reading and others.
ABOUT Katherine McCarthy
Kathy McCarthy is the Senior Regional Director of Communications for the American Heart Association (AHA) in Albany, NY. In that role, she manages all aspects of communications for AHA in the Capital Region and Vermont. She has written for heart.org, the national Web site of the AHA, and she works very closely with the government relations directors for New York State and Vermont, promoting AHA’s legislative agendas in those two states. In New York, past successes have included an increased tobacco tax, the Pulse Ox Law, the CPR in Schools Law, funding for the Empire State Trail, and the prevention of cuts to budgets affecting public health programs.
Kathy has been with AHA for ten years. Prior to that, she served for over a decade in several positions as Spotlight Newspapers, leaving as the Editor in Chief in 2008. Over the years Kathy’s work has been recognized numerous times with awards from the PRSA Empire Awards, Capital Region MarCom awards and the New York State Press Association to name a few.
Kathy holds bachelors and master’s degrees in political science and German from Middlebury College. She has served in several roles on the PRSA Capital Region board, and she is the incoming President-elect. She is also pursuing her accreditation in public relations (APR).
2018 MARCOM AWARDS FINALISTS
Finalists are not judged against each other, and more than one winner may be selected in each category. Top honors will be given to campaigns that were awarded the highest number of points during the judging process.
Digital Marketing Campaigns:
- Hearst Digital Agency on behalf of the University at Albany Weekend MBA Program: Power Up Your Career
- Hearst Digital Agency on behalf of the Adelphi Hospitality Group: Embrace the Extraordinary
- Hearst Digital Agency on behalf of the Saratoga Casino Hotel: Heat Up the Fun
- Overit on behalf of the University of New England (UNE): 2017 UNE Digital Campaign
- Overit on behalf of Appolo Heating, Inc.: Appolo’s Blog Fires Up their Organic Traffic
- The Martin Group on behalf of Excelsior College: Excelsior College Cybersecurity Degree Program Lead Generation Campaign
- The Martin Group on behalf of Excelsior College: Excelsior College MBA degree program lead generation campaign
- 2COMMUNIQUÉ on behalf of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Capital Campaign
- Northeastern Retail Lumber Association (NRLA): LBM Expo Promotion
- Bestpass, Bestpass Toll Boss Marketing Campaign
- Overit on behalf of Empire State Development Corp.: 2017 Capital Region Economic Development Council Competition Marketing Campaign
- Proctors Collaborative on behalf of Capital Repertory Theatre: Blithe Spirit
- SUNY Empire State College: Statewide Open House
Public Relations Campaigns:
- Capitalize Albany Corporation, Capitalize Albany Corporation’s 2017 Annual Report “Building For Tomorrow”
- Corning Place Communications on behalf of the Police Benevolent Association of New York: State Park Police Survey Fact Sheet
- Corning Place Communications on behalf of Masonic Medical Research Institute: Masonic Medical Research Institute Currents Newsletter
- Brawn Media on behalf of Fort Ticonderoga: One Destination, Endless Adventures
- Leanne Ricchiuti, American Heart Association: American Heart Association Heart Walk
- NYS Association of Counties: See the Signs, Save a Life: NYS Counties and Coroners Join Forces for Powerful Ad Campaign
- Overit on behalf of the Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA): 2017 CDTA :30 Commercial
- Overit on behalf of Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC): HVCC Program Commercials
- Brawn Media on behalf of Burns Management: Burns Management Website
- Crystal IS: Klaran Website Design and Development
- Overit on behalf of Beekman 1802: Beekman 1802 Website
- Spiral Design Studio, LLC on behalf of Stoneledge Farm: Stoneledge Farm Website Solution
About the American Marketing Association and NYCRAMA
The American Marketing Association (AMA) is the largest marketing association in North America. A professional association for marketing leaders, thinkers and doers, it is the only organization that brings together marketers across all specialties to collaborate and inspire one another. Through relevant information, comprehensive education and targeted networking, the AMA assists marketers in deepening their expertise, elevating their careers and ultimately, achieving better results.
The New York Capital Region chapter of the American Marketing Association is the premier Tech Valley association for marketing professionals. Since 1992, NYCRAMA has been dedicated to elevating the marketing profession by delivering career development, educational opportunities, and promoting best practices for winning and keeping customers. The chapter provides an opportunity to learn from and network with hundreds of marketing professionals in the Capital Region. For more information on NYCRAMA, visit www.nymarketing.org.
About the Public Relations Society of America and PRSA Capital Region
PRSA is the largest professional organization serving the U.S. public relations community. With a mission to “advance the profession and the professional,” PRSA provides news and information, thought leadership, continuing education and networking opportunities; sets standards of professional excellence and ethical conduct; and advocates for the business value of public relations and greater diversity among public relations professionals. Based in New York, PRSA comprises 110 local Chapters; 14 Professional Interest Sections that focus on specific industries and practice areas; and the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), which is active at more than 340 colleges and universities.
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Capital Region NY is an association of public relations and communications professionals throughout Tech Valley in Upstate New York. PRSA Capital Region embraces the mission of the national organization of 21,000 members by offering networking and professional development opportunities while advocating standards of excellence and adherence to a code of ethics. To learn more about PRSA Capital Region, visit www.PRSACapitalRegion.org